August 25, 2020
Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company launching out of a top-tier life science venture firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target the sequences responsible for inherited disorders within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, our aim is to bring transformative treatments to patients with rare and debilitating diseases by addressing the underlying genetic cause.
We are committed to investing in the personal and professional growth of our employees by putting work-life balance, family values and expanding an employee’s knowledge at the forefront. This has helped to shape us into an energetic, inclusive and innovative team where your value is celebrated no matter your role. Together we intertwine our positive culture and intrinsic motivation with our passion for advancing science to directly impact the future of RNA editing one letter at a time.
Korro Bio is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist, Pharmacology to join our team. The Associate Scientist will have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high growth company. This position will report to the VP of Target Biology and will be located in the Cambridge, MA office.
Full-time, Onsite Only
- Perform dosing (SC, IP and IV), monitor animal health, blood sampling, multiple tissue harvesting and data recording.Coordinate sample storage and analysis.
- Conduct experiments to determine the safety and efficacy of novel compounds in models across a range of disease indications.
- Provide overall in vivo and ex vivo technical support for projects working to advance one or more experimental therapeutic compounds.
- Responsible for carefully documenting research and effectively communicating results across teams.
- Plan and execute in vivo studies in collaboration with research scientists.
- BA/BS or MS with 3-5 years' experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or academic equivalent.
- Knowledge of tissue processing and molecular biology methods (RNA purification, PCR, qPCR,sequencing, and western blot).
- Experience running mouse models, including mouse handling, health monitoring, dosing and working with models of disease is highly desired.
- Skilled in various methods of dosing (IV, SC and IP), blood collection (tail vein/submandibular and cardiac puncture) and multiple tissue collection at necropsy for subsequent exvivo analysis
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our products.
- Exposure to utilizing software such as Graph Pad Prism, Microsoft office, Excel, and electronic laboratory notebooks for data analysis and data summary.
- Excellent organizational, time management and data recording skills.
- Able to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solving abilities.
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.