February 6, 2020
Korro Bio is developing transformative treatments for patients with rare and debilitating genetic diseases by addressing the underlying cause. We are utilizing the precision provided by our nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target specific sequences causing disease within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, we put science, patients and our team members first. We are a privately held biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge and launched out of a top-tier life science venture firm. Join us to move genetic medicine forward!
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Associate Scientist , Pharmacology to help conduct experiments in models across a range of disease indications and provide overall technical and analytical support in collaboration with our research scientists.
Full-time, Onsite Only
- Perform dosing (SC, IP and IV), monitor animal health, blood sampling, multiple tissue harvesting and data recording.Coordinate sample storage and analysis.
- Conduct experiments to determine the safety and efficacy of novel compounds in models across a range of disease indications.
- Provide overall in vivo and ex vivo technical support for projects working to advance one or more experimental therapeutic compounds.
- Responsible for carefully documenting research and effectively communicating results across teams.
- Plan and execute in vivo studies in collaboration with research scientists.
- BA/BS or MS with 3-5 years' experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or academic equivalent.
- Knowledge of tissue processing and molecular biology methods (RNA purification, PCR, qPCR, sequencing, and western blot).
- Experience running mouse models,including mouse handling, health monitoring, dosing and working with models of disease is highly desired.
- Skilled in various methods of dosing (IV, SC and IP), blood collection (tail vein/submandibular and cardiac puncture) and multiple tissue collection at necropsy for subsequent ex vivo analysis.
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our products.
- Exposure to utilizing software such as Graph Pad Prism, Microsoft office, Excel, and electronic laboratory notebooks for data analysis and data summary.
- Excellent organizational, time management and data recording skills.
- Able to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solving abilities.
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.