January 3, 2020
Korro Bio is developing transformative treatments for patients with rare and debilitating genetic diseases by addressing the underlying cause. We are utilizing the precision provided by our nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target specific sequences causing disease within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, we put science, patients and our team members first. We are a privately held biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge and launched out of a top-tier life science venture firm. Join us to move genetic medicine forward!
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Bioinformatics Scientist to help develop analytics infrastructure to support our platform for therapeutics development. This individual will apply state-of-the art bioinformatics techniques, drawing on a deep understanding of current methodologies used in genomic sequencing and other areas to help solve a broad range of problems. Our bioinformatics team operates in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment to support multiple preclinical R&D programs. This is a unique opportunity to help build a biotechnology company that is addressing unmet medical need using a new therapeutic modality to target disease genes.
Full-time, Onsite Only
- Conduct genomic analyses involving NGS (exome, whole genome, RNA-seq, etc.) data
- Apply machine learning to advance our therapeutics platform
- Make genomics results and findings available to R&D groups by analyzing data, interpreting findings, and creating visualizations
- Drive and lead bioinformatics projects to advance Korro’s RNA editing platform
- Develop and maintain bioinformatics pipelines
- Define statistical methods and conduct analyses to validate new laboratory assays
- PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or related discipline or MS degree plus at least 3 years industrial experiences
- Proficiency in the use of bioinformatics databases (ClinVar, dbSNP, RefSeq, etc.)
- Experience in Illumina sequencing data and bioinformatics NGS tools for variant and CNV calling (BWA, SAMtools, Bowtie2, Picard, GATK, etc.)
- Experience with human genome annotation and biological pathway resources and tools, such as GO, GSEA, DAVID, KEGG, StringDB, MetaCore, etc.
- Proficiency in programming, particularly R and/or Python
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Problem-focused and able to drive tasks to completion
- Experience with high performance cluster computing in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of code repository best practices and distributed version control
- Previous experience GraphPad Prism and Spotfire is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit; curious and independently motivated
- Ability to synthesize scientific questions, conduct coherent research efforts, and communicate scientific findings cross-functionally
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.