Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company launching out of a top-tier life science venture firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target the sequences responsible for inherited disorders within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, our aim is to bring transformative treatments to patients with rare and debilitating diseases by addressing the underlying genetic cause.
Korro BIo is seeking a highly motivated, Associate Scientist to join our High-Throughput Screening group. They will be responsible for the design, execution and analysis of a variety of high throughput screens and will participate in the development and scaling of novel assays as we continue to build our RNA editing platform. The candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in the deployment of cell-based models and assays for drug candidate screening. In addition, the candidate will help design, validate and implement high throughput NGS and qPCR-based assays. The candidate should have a proven record of applying sound scientific judgement to answer critical questions, as well as a proven ability to design and implement thoughtful and well controlled experiments. The right candidate should also be comfortable with working various types of automated high throughput equipment. The candidate will be motivated team player, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able balance multiple high-priority tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
Full-time, Onsite Only
- Design, execution and analysis of a variety of high throughput screens
- Participate in the development and scaling of novel assays
- Deployment of cell-based models and assays for drug candidate screening
- Design, validate and implement high throughput NGS and qPCR-based assays
- Design and implement thoughtful and well controlled experiments
- Work various types of automated high throughput equipment
- Motivated team player
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple high-priority task sin a rapidly changing environment
- MS/BS with (5+ years exp) in molecular and/or cell biology, or related field
- Experience with primary cell cultures or cell-based assays in 96 and 384-well format
- Broad experience in the application of biochemical, biophysical & cell-based techniques such as mammalian cell culture, transfections, various immunoassays such as Western Blotting, SDS PAGE and probe-based qPCR
- Familiarity in the use of lab automation, liquid handling and HTS instrumentation. Must be able to analyze, report and communicate data rigorously
- The ability to learn and implement new techniques and adapt rapidly are essential. Excellent attention to detail, time management, and documentation
- Ability to multitask and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver quality data and results
- Clearly present research updates to different project teams
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.