Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company launching out of a top-tier life science venture firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target the sequences responsible for inherited disorders within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, our aim is to bring transformative treatments to patients with rare and debilitating diseases by addressing the underlying genetic cause.
We are committed to investing in the personal and professional growth of our employees by putting work-life balance, family values and expanding an employee’s knowledge at the forefront. This has helped to shape us into an energetic, inclusive and innovative team where your value is celebrated no matter your role. Together we intertwine our positive culture and intrinsic motivation with our passion for advancing science to directly impact the future of RNA editing one letter at a time.
Korro Bio is seeking a passionate and creative, Associate Scientist to join our Cell Biology team and work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high growth company. This position reports to the Senior Scientist, Research. The successful candidate will have a strong background in cell biology.
Full-time, Onsite Only
- Responsible for the design, execution and analysis of a variety of in vitro cellular and molecular based assays, focused on understanding and optimizing ourADAR-mediated RNA editing platform
- Evaluate and troubleshoot new assays and techniques, as well as balancing a variety of tasks
- Design, execution and analysis of a variety of high throughput screens
- Participate in the development and scaling of novel assays
- Deployment of cell-based models and assays for drug candidate screening
- Design,validate and implement high throughput NGS and qPCR-based assays
- Design and implement thoughtful and well controlled experiments
- Work various types of automated high throughput equipment
- MS (1-2 years’ experience) /BS (2-3) years’ experience in molecular and/or cellular biology, or a related field
- Broad experience in the application of biochemical, biophysical & cell-based techniques such as mammalian cell culture, transfections, various immunoassays such as Western Blotting, SDS PAGE and probe-based qPCR
- Familiarity in the use of lab automation. Must be able to analyze, report and communicate data rigorously
- The ability to learn and implement new techniques and adapt rapidly are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and documentation
- Ability to multitask and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver quality data and results
- Clearly present research updates to different project teams
- Motivated team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Oral/Written)
- Ability to balance multiple high-priority tasks in a rapidly changing environment
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.