September 4, 2020
Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company launching out of a top-tier life science venture firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target the sequences responsible for inherited disorders within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, our aim is to bring transformative treatments to patients with rare and debilitating diseases by addressing the underlying genetic cause.
We are committed to investing in the personal and professional growth of our employees by putting work-life balance, family values and expanding an employee’s knowledge at the forefront. This has helped to shape us into an energetic, inclusive and innovative team where your value is celebrated no matter your role. Together we intertwine our positive culture and intrinsic motivation with our passion for advancing science to directly impact the future of RNA editing one letter at a time.
Korro Bio is seeking an accomplished scientific leader who will play a key role in our nucleic acid delivery effort. The successful candidate will help provide strategic and operation vision for our oligonucleotide delivery efforts and will establish a team to optimize oligonucleotide delivery. The successful candidate will work closely with our internal groups such as: chemistry, screening, target biology, data sciences and development, as well as establish and maintain relationships with external collaborators and CROs to enhance and expand delivery options and identify new delivery opportunities. This position will report to the Vice President of Platform Biology.
Full-time, Onsite Only
- Function as a key member of the research organization and be the person who knows everything about oligo delivery
- Use your knowledge of oligo delivery to help guide research strategy
- While building a delivery team, act as an influencer to guide available resources to improve oligo delivery and solve delivery challenges
- Partner with other groups within research and development to help facilitate lead identification, optimization and development candidate nomination
- Identify advisors and collaborators to help drive innovation in oligo delivery
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve and advance delivery
- Serve as a role model and foster a scientifically rigorous, open and supportive scientific environment.Effectively communicate scientific planning, progress and results to constituencies within and outside of Korro
- Effectively communicate scientific planning, progress and results to constituencies within and outside of Korro
- Communicate status updates and program issues to appropriate team members
- Execute deliverables adhering to timelines and budgets
- Ph.D. in a relevant biological or chemical scienc.
- 10+ years of experience in solving complex problems in discovery or drug development, preferably in a biotech environment
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with oligonucleotide strategies and methodologies are preferred
- Demonstrates a proactive and collaborative philosophy and a hands-on approach to getting things done
- Ability to operate objectively and independently as a leader and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and communication skills to a variety of levels/teams- internally and externally
- Demonstrated persuasion, influencing and negotiation skills are required
- Detail-oriented, with good organizational, prioritization, and time management proficiencies
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneousl.
- Ability to function in fast paced startup environment Demonstrated accomplishment in the field of nucleic acids through publications and presentations and/or a track record in industry
- Must be able to identify and cultivate relationships with advisors and collaborators
- Ideally have experience in all methods of oligonucleotide delivery including LNPs, oligo conjugates and other modes of deliver
- Experienced in the delivery of oligo-based therapeutics to liver and other tissues with a proven track record of successfully solving drug delivery challenges would be ideal
- Must be able to coordinate activities and integrate information across different functional groups including cell biology, pharmacology and chemistry
- Enthusiasm for being a hands-on manager with a passion for getting things done, no matter what it takes
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.