Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company launching out of a top-tier life science venture firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target the sequences responsible for inherited disorders within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, our aim is to bring transformative treatments to patients with rare and debilitating diseases by addressing the underlying genetic cause.
We are committed to investing in the personal and professional growth of our employees by putting work-life balance, family values and expanding an employee’s knowledge at the forefront. This has helped to shape us into an energetic, inclusive and innovative team where your value is celebrated no matter your role. Together we intertwine our positive culture and intrinsic motivation with our passion for advancing science to directly impact the future of RNA editing one letter at a time.
Korro Bio is seeking a passionate and creative Head, DMPK to join our Development group and work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high growth company. Reporting to the SVP, Development the Head, DMPK will be responsible for the design, execution and interpretation of non-clinical pharmacology, toxicology, DMPK and translational studies. This work supports the progression of therapies from late discovery through first in human and proof of concept clinical studies. The Head, DMPK will also be responsible for the clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics activities that support compounds as they move through early clinical development.
Full-time, Onsite Only
- Function as a key member of Korro Bio’s scientific leadership team, providing scientific expertise, strategic planning,and goal-oriented execution.
- Effectively communicate scientific planning, progress and results to Korro’s executive leadership, R&D teams, and external audiences. Additionally, build and develop appropriate relationships with key opinion leaders and SAB members.
- Represent Pharmacokinetics leader as a member of program, research, preclinical, and clinical teams.
- Serve as a role model and foster a scientifically rigorous, open and supportive corporate environment.
- Propose ADME/PK, biodistribution and PK-PD approaches at team discussions of high impact on project progression.
- Identify and manage consultants and vendors to support ADME, PK and PK/PD studies.
- Contribute to candidate selection, development strategy, clinical trial design, clinical study protocols and execute and coordinate clinical trial conduct and finalize preclinical and clinical study reports.
- Partner with the discovery group to optimize preclinical models and inform first in human clinical dosing strategies.
- Review preclinical study reports, in conjunction with Pharmacokinetics/DMPK and prepare regulatory submission documentation.
- Author nonclinical toxicology, DMPK and biomarker sections of regulatory documents.
- Collaborate cross functionally with all relevant areas to support strategic objectives.
- Communicate status updates and program issues to appropriate team members.
- Participate in budgeting and due diligence activities.
- Execute deliverables adhering to timelines and budgets.
- PhD., Pharm. D. or equivalent training in pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences or related disciplines.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in bio/pharmaceutical industry, combined with drug development experience in pharmacokinetics, biodistribution and PK/PD modeling.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with oligonucleotide strategies and methodologies are preferred.
- Experience with regulatory submissions for small molecules with a focus on preclinical and early clinical development strategy and execution.
- Experience in nonclinical toxicology is a plus.
- Gene therapy or gene editing experience is plus.
- Solid understanding of drug metabolism, bioanalysis, pharmacokinetics, preclinical pharmacology, PK/PD modeling and clinical study designs.
- Expertise managing CROs, GLP and other regulated activities.
- Ability to operate objectively and independently as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and communication skills to a variety of levels/teams- internally and externally.
- Demonstrated persuasion, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented,with good organizational, prioritization, and time management proficiencies.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.