Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company launching out of a top-tier life science venture firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target the sequences responsible for inherited disorders within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, our aim is to bring transformative treatments to patients with rare and debilitating diseases by addressing the underlying genetic cause.
Korro Bio is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced HR leader. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer and Head of Corporate Strategy, the head of HR will serve as a member of the leadership team to establish and drive the people strategy for company growth and maturation. This is a hands-on position, and the successful candidate will be responsible for leading culture, delivering core HR functions, recruiting, and driving HR strategy, including recruiting and retention, compensation and benefits, performance management, organizational learning and development, and organizational structure and design.
Full-time, Onsite Only
- Serve as visible, involved and engaged leader to employees throughout the organization.
- Identify, prioritize, design and implement HR programs and solutions that support employees and business objectives.
- Evolve HR infrastructure to a best-in-class function.
- Establish goals and deliverable's; working with business leaders to deliver on value-add projects is a timely manner.
- Ensure all clients have a holistic support model to meet their functional goals.
- Work with management of all levels on a variety of HR and business-related issues, both strategic and operational.
- Partner with the executive team and senior management to align the organizational structure, practices and communication with the Company's strategy and culture.
- Expand and develop existing human resources team as needed, including in business partnering, organizational development and talent acquisition.
- Provide human resources technical advice, knowledge and leadership to others within the human resources group and the overall organization.
- Lead the business partnering team to develop strategies to support key underlying responsibilities, including: developing strong partnerships with functional leadership, partnering with functional leadership on people optimization strategies and recruiting, supporting talent and performance review processes, supporting compensation and incentive planning, building relationships with team members, and managing employee matters.
- Lead organizational development efforts to support key underlying responsibilities, including: management training, leadership development, performance review process, succession planning, on-boarding, change management, and interview training.
- Lead talent acquisition efforts to support key underlying responsibilities, including: implementing overall talent acquisition strategies and plans, developing best sourcing solutions, and developing optimal talent resource management approaches.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to attract prospective employees and motivate, incent, reward and retain existing employees in a manner that fosters high performance.
- BS in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred. HR Certifications helpful but not required
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in HR management, preferably in a combination of public and entrepreneurial environments
- Minimum two years’ experience as the top HR executive in a small to mid-sized company or an independent division of a large company
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or other life science companies is preferred
- Strong background in designing and implementing organizational structures, strategic hiring and selection,employee and organizational development, compensation philosophy and total compensation programs
- Experience in human resources in leading organizations through periods of significant commercial growth; experience hiring and developing successful HR teams
- Proven ability to foster, motivate,and influence positive behaviors throughout the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of HR strategies,processes, policies and laws
- Demonstrated success implementing creative, efficient, and user-friendly HR programs and solutions
- Ability to coach at all levels
- Demonstrated success managing,mentoring, and developing HR subordinates
- Outstanding communication and listening skills (written, verbal & presentation)
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.