August 11, 2019
Korro Bio is a privately-held Cambridge headquartered biotechnology company launching out of top-tier life science venture firm. Korro Bio is developing transformative treatments to patients with rare and debilitating disease by addressing the underlying genetic cause. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target responsible sequences within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, we put science, patients and our team members first, join us to move genetic medicine forward.
Korro Therapeutics is looking for a Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager will help develop the infrastructure and analytic strategy to support platform and therapeutic asset development within Korro. This will be a visible leadership position in the organization with an ability establish and lead the bioinformatics function within the organization.
Contract, Onsite or Remote
- Provide immediate support to platform and discovery programs by leveraging internal and external datasets to perform integrated analysis of data from multiple platforms (Genomic, Proteomics platforms, etc.) to develop models systems to inform Korro’s scientific strategy.
- Adapt the latest scientific findings and methods into bioinformatics analysis plans to analyze large-scale omics datasets (genomics/proteomics) including RNASeq, Nanostring and qPCR.
- Develop computation methods and utilize for the in-silico design and filtering of potential RNA guide sequences coupled with in silico analysis of target RNA sequence and secondary structure.
- The development of data analysis guidance, standards, workflow, software applications, and data warehouses to improve the analysis practice, visualization, integration, and accessibility to the complex clinical data.
- Execute the data analysis plan and present actionable results to enable the company to meet its regulatory, scientific and business objectives.
- Ensure scientific integrity, analysis pipeline validation, and regulatory compliance.
- Lead and initiate both internal and external collaborations in large-scale clinical data analysis to support corporate long-term development goals.
- Serve as an internal expert in machine learning, predictive modeling, and quantitative data analysis with oversight for the development of Korro’s informatic systems.
- Leverage both internal and external resources to provide for analytic needs and clarify resourcing plans.
- PhD. in statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, computer science, or a related field with 8+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry focus on quantitative data analysis.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to handle several concurrent fast-paced projects required.
- Broad experience working with big-data generated by high-throughput assays – next gen sequencing, HTS flow cytometric data, Multiplexed proteomics data a plus.
- Excellent communication, data presentation and visualization skills
- 5+ year of experience with strong oral and written communication skills that foster collaboration and teamwork.
- Proficient in using high-level programming languages such as Python, R, Matlab, Java and Shell in aLinux environment.
- A successful track record in developing predictive models on clinical data, demonstrated by strong peer-review publications or new drug applications to regulatory agencies.
Korro Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Korro Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.