Company Summary: Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company launched out of a top-tier life science venture firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target the sequences responsible for inherited disorders within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, our aim is to bring transformative treatments to patients with debilitating diseases by addressing the underlying genetic cause.
We are committed to investing in the personal and professional growth of our employees by putting work-life balance, family values and expanding an employee’s knowledge at the forefront. This has helped to shape us into an energetic, inclusive and innovative team where your value is celebrated no matter your role. Together we intertwine our positive culture and intrinsic motivation with our passion for advancing science to directly impact the future of RNA editing one letter at a time.
Position Summary: Korro Bio is seeking a passionate and creative team leader with expertise in liver biology to join our Research group and work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high growth company. Reporting to the Head of Liver Biology, the successful candidate will lead focused efforts on the validation of novel targets and the evaluation of novel drug candidates for the treatment of genetically diverse, and chronic liver diseases. This individual will be responsible for collaborating on novel drug candidates and helping build out a portfolio of programs with high potential for treatment of myriad of liver diseases.
- Lead in the design and execution of in vivo and in vitro studies to generate key data for evaluating potential targets, mechanism of action and/or drug candidate efficacy and pharmacodynamics
- In collaboration with leadership, leads efforts to determine mechanism of action for drug targets and candidates using state-of-the-art methods and tools
- Build out a portfolio of programs with high potential for liver diseases into the early stage pipeline
- Identify KOLs and form collaborations and relationships to advance targets/indications of interest
- Act as a mentor to junior members of early-stage matrix project teams.
- Plan and execute in vitro and in vivo studies in collaboration with research scientists.
- Provide in vivo and ex vivo technical support for projects working to advance one or more experimental therapeutic compounds.
- Responsible for carefully documenting research and effectively communicating results across teams.
- Proactively identify complex obstacles to progress in specific areas; recommend and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources; regularly add value to research projects through creative ideas
- Manage a wide variety of tasks, techniques, and projects; integrate these responsibilities to produce quality results with a high level of efficiency
- MS or PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 8+ years’ experience in drug discovery or target validation research with proven expertise in liver disease biology.
Other Knowledge, Experience or Skills recommended:
- Expertise in the design and execution of in vivo and in vitro studies for the evaluation of liver-related biology (e.g. liver injury, NASH/fibrosis pathology) as demonstrated by a publication record in the field
- Deep knowledge of animal models of liver diseases including NASH and fibrosis and cell systems for evaluating interactions between hepatocyte, macrophage, stellate and/or endothelial cells
- Expertise in one therapeutic modality (gene therapy, gene editing, small molecules, antibodies & biologics, or ASOs/siRNA) and familiarity with the other modalities
- Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and, in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness, and ability to manage team dynamics
- Strong critical thinker who solves scientific problems using multiple technologies and approaches
- Adept at managing workload and expectations
- Proven success working in cross-functional teams with strong scientific and knowledge.
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic and complex environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for either health care and/or dependent care.