Location: Remote (during COVID)
Company Summary: Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company launched out of a top-tier life science venture firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are utilizing the precision provided by nucleic acid-based therapeutics to target the sequences responsible for inherited disorders within the genetic code. At Korro Bio, our aim is to bring transformative treatments to patients with rare and debilitating diseases by addressing the underlying genetic cause.
We are committed to investing in the personal and professional growth of our employees by putting work-life balance, family values and expanding an employee’s knowledge at the forefront. This has helped to shape us into an energetic, inclusive and innovative team where your value is celebrated no matter your role. Together we intertwine our positive culture and intrinsic motivation with our passion for advancing science to directly impact the future of RNA editing one letter at a time.
Position Summary: We are seeking a dynamic Project Manager, to support our research efforts. The role requires a strategic leader who is experienced in drug development and understands the essential process, its complexity and its interdependencies. A primary element, in the successful execution of this role will be establishing strong relationships across the program management roles that exists within line functions (Clinical Development, Pre-clinical Research etc.). Through the leadership and facilitation of cross-functional program teams, this role is accountable for establishing a development plan, and an integrated cross-functional development strategy that includes timelines (including Gantt charts); dashboards and tools that provide transparency; budget inputs; identifying/highlighting risks and creating mitigation and/or contingency plans; and the attainment of key business goals/milestones. This position will report to the Chief Legal Officer & Head of Corporate Strategy, and be based in our Cambridge, MA office.
- Work proactively with the cross-functional program teams to define program strategy, goals, decision points, investments and areas of risk and associated mitigations and contingencies.
- Develop and maintain a fully integrated project plans (Gantt), incorporating activities, resource requirements, assumptions, responsibilities, and key interdependencies, key resource requirements and critical analysis that facilitate the delivery of quantifiable results against program and corporate goals.
- Lead data-driven decision-making processes to enable timely and objective recommendations for continuation, acceleration, reprioritization, redesign of the development plan.
- Communicate progress at all levels and escalate critical issues; provide regular status reports
- Identify, define, prioritize and communicate risks to successful activity and execution; develop and monitor risk mitigation and contingency plans.
- Track against R&D team budgets and contribute to long-range plan forecasts.
- Support the Leadership Team in setting goals and priorities developing agendas and planning workshops.
- Provide team and meeting management, including taking minutes and ensure follow-up of action items from the minutes. Prepare presentations as needed.
- Partner with R&D team to ensure effective coordination of activities and/or deliverables across functions, including assisting with the coordination and monitoring of external projects.
- Support implementation of systems and best practices to ensure consistency and operational effectiveness within and across functions and programs.
- Reinforcing or supporting team operating principles, team building, ensuring effective and high performing team.
- Supporting management of internal governance and decision-making processes.
- B.S./M.S. degree in a life sciences discipline; advanced degree and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years drug development experience in the biopharmaceutical industry including a minimum of 5 years project management or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of the drug development process in cell and/or gene therapy, including the strategic and operational requirements.
- Proven track record of success in leading and managing cross-functional development teams. Prior experience managing project to NDA submission a plus.
- Competency in developing, implementing, and delivering project plans (Gantt), dashboards and risk mitigation and contingency plans to successful endpoints.
- Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and, in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated success with handling multiple projects and able to handle complexity and prioritize effectively.
- Proven success working in cross-functional teams with strong scientific and knowledge.
- Track record of collaboration, stakeholder relationship management, and influencing key decision makers.
- Knowledge of and skill with project management, spreadsheet and database management software/tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to leverage broader perspectives and connect the major elements of drug discovery and development to proactively identify opportunities and provide options/solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness, and ability to manage team dynamics.
- Must be motivated, creative, energetic and adaptable, responding constructively to challenging new ideas, information and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic and complex environment.
Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for either health care and/or dependent care.